Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Poems For Today - April 22

Noodling With Chopsticks

The thing is, potential can easily slip through chopsticks
which, if held properly, lift the food gently
and hopefully before slipping away.

Kind of like my mother's mind
and my relationship to her as her daughter.

All that is changing now.

The Chinese eat with chopsticks
by holding the bowl up and close to the mouth
and then (violently) shoveling the food
quickly into their mouths.

Rather like my relationship with my mom now.

Nothing like the handling of an Ollalieberry Turnover.

Top Ramen Shaman of Soquel

MOTORHEAD

Fast brain, big mouth
Heady thoughts abound

Many hands pulling me on
Pushing, urging, speeding towards

Those who brought the motor home
To us, to me, to myself

In this new and strange form
formed by my head
motoring with my heart

Towards all of you, and
you know who you are.

DON'T PRINT THIS ONE.
IT'S TOO DAMN GOOFY.
I'M NOW SELF CONSCIOUS
AND SEEKING RHYME AND LIMERICK STYLES.
I CAN'T STOP.
I CAN'T STOP.
SOMEONE STOP ME.

Top Ramen Shaman of Soquel

Twelve Steps With Walt
(or at least the first few)

I am Powerless over my pen
I'm sorry for writing bad stuff
I will take each day one word at a time

Laughing out loud.
How many people have I now offended?
My apologies if any.....

Top Ramen Shaman of Soquel

No comments: