Thursday, April 24, 2008

Poems For Today - April 24

Off To Stockton
 
Irritating with reclaimed water
We're in a gusty wind area for the next few miles
Behind an oversized load again
Past by a sunburst cadillac
The gift of the sun is with us
After yesterday's clouds and rain.
 
We're all still a little spacy
From Isa's workshop
Still stoned on life
Not dope for those who need to know
 
Riding on a long causeway
Across the salt flats of Mare Island
Reminding Dick of his beloved horses
Circling turkey vultures overhead
It feels good to be on the road again
We both think it was the openeness of the salt flats
Their expansiveness
That gave us each this feeling simultaneously
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, law of concomitance
 
Ken & Kurt (Mobile Poem)
 
Not Fairfax But Fairfield
 
Flatness with a few ten story trees
Factory lined roadside with Jelly Bean, Budweiser and Faberware
Passing Pennsylvania Avenue but their's no White House on this one
Only Mount Diablo in the distance.
 
Yesterday belonged to Hilary and Miguel
Who ran screaming and jumping in celebration of her victory
We stopped to watch Windmills, I mean wind generators
Among herds of cattle when we found hundreds of swallow nests
Under the viaduct, birds everywhere, clouds of swallows.
 
Downtown Rio Vista and the Doors dominate our soundspace
We approach Lodi, the land of CCR
Our ears are given the organ solo from "Light My Fire"
We decided to not hesitate any longer
Whatever this tour is, we're going to put it all out there
And light a fire everywhere.
 
Kurt & Ken (Mobile Poem)
 
Interstate Five
 
Our whole landscape has turned into a super highway
At 60 miles per hour, we're the slowest thing out here
The terrible smell of sewage hits us
A couple miles after we pass the plant
Passing the Eight Mile Road, Ken has the retreat feeling
Which is all about living in a different world
Where all the difficulties disappear
And we are left with this big sky
That stretches before us like a welcoming song
Or like an image from the middle ages
The sky is an inverted bowl
Full of Joy.
 
Kurt & Ken (Mobile Poem)
 
April 23, 2008
 
For now words don't allow access to my internal world
And it is only through ceremonies that I am deeply touched
The rest is only the superficiality of the "I"
Dreaming about it's own glory.
 
Kurt Heyl
 
Now I See
 
Now I See
The undeniable usefuleness
Of the "I"
In its world
To open the door
Of solidarity
And to facilitate
Entrance into the ceremonies
For others who are searching
For meaning in the nonsense
So for me
It's my criticism of my "I"I
Which until now
I have seen as an obstacle
Rather than a vehicle
That can function
Through my body
As a conduit for others
Without my opinoions
Blocking the way.
I need to figure out
How to move in the world
Without getting in my own way
And keeping my opinions to myself
Is an important step.
Learning how to stand
Outside my predjudices
To see myself as a whole being
And how that being expresses itself
In the world as someone searching
For a way to be useful
Complimentary rather than the individualization
That is propagated by our culture
Individulazation in order for people
To remain isolated from one another
And for the power to continue to be centralized
By the super wealthy in their offshore corporate centers
Controlling mass media and all higher education.
 
Kurt Heyl
April 23, 2008
 

1 comment:

Dan said...

I think that enlightened beings can yell FUCK! at the top of their lungs, especially if they get their finger caught in a door, and especially if they're Kurt...